Sunday 8 March 2015

Knockers (Part 1)

I went through a bit of a phase in the last year, I started taking photographs of knockers. Door knockers. I happened to see a few exceptional ones and it made me hungry to see more and record them for posterity. It made me sentimental for an imagined past in which lovingly-crafted ironmongery was a focal point. I've been charmed by the personality-projection that can come with owned properties, and I had to learn how to walk down a street while nonchalantly checking out door knockers without looking like a burglar or plain-clothed postman as my head swung side to side. 

Here is the first batch of my collection, please look upon them as an alternative to Page 3 or wall-mounted animal heads (an analogy that comes to mind as I've seen many metal lion heads).

























 This last one looks like Cumberbatch, right?