Sunday 1 March 2015

My toothbrush is very intelligent

'... a short stuttering sound reminds you to brush all four quadrants of your mouth equally.
A long stuttering sound indicates the end of the professionally recommended 2-minute brushing time.
The elapsed brushing time is memorised when the handle is briefly switched off during brushing. 

'To promote optimal brushing your toothbrush has a pressure control feature installed. If too much pressure is applied,
the oscillating movement of the brush head will continue but the pulsation will stop. 
In addition you will also hear a different sound while brushing.'

I thought I heard a different sound when I listened to the recording of Rowan Williams in Dresden.
Maybe I shouldn't have earphones in when I brush my teeth.

'In the 1930's Max Braun's small business grew to become one of Germany's leading consumer radio manufacturers. At the 1937 World's Fair in Paris, he received the award for special achievements in phonography ... During World War II, Braun was compelled to more or less abandon products for the civilian sector. In 1944, the Frankfurt factories were almost entirely destroyed ...'

My car was shaking on the motorway. Oscillating?
...
move or swing back and forth in a regular rhythm
Yes, I suppose it did.
Trees on the horizon looked like teeth
and white German cars swept past.
My car shakes at 80, is better at 90.
The sound changes from one of
spinning metal and shaking bolts
to the steady drone of flight.
I spent parts of the drive,
when not listening to the radio,
wondering if I could ever press
the accelerator hard enough
that my little Fiesta
would fall apart.