Tuesday 28 April 2015

What happened on Thursday?

 
My employer’s long term pet project was coming to fruition. I’d never agreed with its aims.
 
With just hours to go before launch it was revealed that my employer was, contrary to perceived wisdom, head of an organisation with principles running in stark opposition to those established by the founders of my organisation. This discovery provoked me to speak out against the project. The two of us entered into a climactic showdown.

In what I perceive to have been an act of support, my work colleague entered into a physical confrontation with my employer’s direct report (who was thankfully of comparable physical strength). There must have been something in the air that day, my partner also ended up in an altercation with my employer’s secretary (an Aryan blonde with a severe outlook).

As I learned more about my employer's project it became clear that it had impacted upon many. For example, my father – hitherto thought deceased - was revealed to be alive and highly capable. I was surprised and pleased to learn his separation from my family was coerced and that we share a similar sense of humour.

The four of us were able to cancel the planned project launch through a mixture of physical strength, team work and problem solving. I think we all learned something important about ourselves. There was an explosion. Once everything had been settled, my dog (who we all thought had died in an earlier explosion) returned to add a paw to our team hands in, in celebration of our success.

I'm not facing any disciplinary action for entering into a physical confrontation with my employer. In fact, my partner, work colleague, father, dog and I received medals from regal officials on a podium.